Trapping and Manipulation of Submicron Particles
Mohammad Asif Zaman, PhD Candidate, Stanford University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Punnag Padhy, PhD Candidate, Stanford University, email@example.com
Paul C. Hansen, Research Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maha Yusuf, PhD Candidate, Stanford University, email@example.com
Our research focuses on trapping and controlled manipulation of sub-micron sized particles. The work included modeling, fabrication and testing of chips that employ optical forces and/or dielectrophoretic forces to trap and transport nanoparticles. Our goal is to develop lab-on-a-chip systems for biomedical and chemical applications.
Our projects include:
- Plasmonic trapping and manipulation of nanoparticles, Stanford University (9/1/2014 - Present)
Design, fabrication and testing of C-shaped plasmonic structures for trapping and manipulation of dielectric and metallic nanoparticles.
- Dielectrophoretic trapping, Stanford University (August 1, 2015 - Present)
Selective trapping and manipulation of dielectric particles using dielectrophoresis
- Adjoint optimization, Stanford University (March 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016)
Application of discrete and continuous adjoint optimization techniques in practical engineering problems
- Microfluidic system design for droplet generation, Stanford University (June 1, 2017 - Present)
We are developing a microfluidic system that can generate droplets with diameters of a few micron.
- On chip system for small volume biochemistry, Stanford University (June 1, 2017 - Present)
A lab-on-a-chip microfluidic system capable of trapping and manipulating particles will be developed to perform small scale chemical reactions for bio applications.
- Zaman, M., Padhy, P., Hansen, P. C., Hesselink, L. Extracting the potential-well of a near-field optical trap using the Helmholtz-Hodge decomposition. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS. 2018; 112 (9)
- Zaman, M., Padhy, P., Hesselink, L. Capturing range of a near-field optical trap. PHYSICAL REVIEW A. 2017; 96 (4)
- Zaman, M. A., Padhy, P., Hansen, P. C., Hesselink, L. Dielectrophoresis-assisted plasmonic trapping of dielectric nanoparticles. PHYSICAL REVIEW A. 2017; 95 (2)
- Zaman, M., Padhy, P., Hesselink, L. A semi-analytical model of a near-field optical trapping potential well. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS. 2017; 122 (16)
- Padhy, P., Zaman, M., Hansen, P., Hesselink, L. On the substrate contribution to the back action trapping of plasmonic nanoparticles on resonant near-field traps in plasmonic films. OPTICS EXPRESS. 2017; 25 (21): 26198–214
- Zaman, M. A., Hansen, P. C., Neustock, L. T., Padhy, P., Hesselink, L. Adjoint method for estimating Jiles-Atherton hysteresis model parameters. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS. 2016; 120 (9)
There is currently no content classified with this term.